We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

May 15, 2016

Lake Michigan

Well, my dear friends from Wisconsin were here last night and brought me a wonderful gift from the beaches of Lake Michigan! A big beautiful bag of stones!!! A few years back, Bruce and I visited them at their lovely home and walked the shore near their house finding stones of all colors and shapes. I found myself becoming more and more obsessed with them! When we returned home that year I began designing jewelry, using these wonderful gifts from mother nature. I think one of the reasons I was so amazed, was because of the perfect spheres and ovals that the ocean-like lake created from years and years of tossing them around. Anyway, I included a ring I made back then in the picture of my new batch of stones. I feel a new burst of energy with all these little beauties at my finger tips. Stay tuned

No comments: