We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

May 14, 2016

Golden Gray Rainbow Mabe Pearl and Vintage Spoon Pendent on handmade chain

I am finally done!!! I think it came out quite well. I'm posting images of the process so that you can
see the visual steps to the finish line! Let me know your thoughts. As soon as I finished I tried it on and ran next door to my neighbor's (thank goodness she's used to my over excited outbursts!!) to show her and took her picture with it on!!! I'm thinking it would look lovely with a red dress. Formal or Casual this pendent works either way.
Deciding on the pattern to use for my chain

Adding the "raven fresh water pearls" and my hand made "S" closure

Etched back with "CAT" and "925"(the sterling silver hallmark)

My hand held etcher

Setting the Mabe with the bezel pusher. Final step.

Finally!


No comments: