We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Jul 3, 2012

We're back and what a beautiful city Ottawa is. Didn't realize "Canada Day" was the 1st of July while we were there. Free concerts everywhere (Cold Play, etc) and fire works, great food, much drinking and lots of people wearing red and white!  National Canadian Gallery  featured a Van Gogh show. They also have a wonderful permanent collection.

Came home to work left on my bench and decided to set the stones in this pendent I started earlier and make a chain for it....this Ocean Jasper is pale green, unlike the usual ocean jaspers. It's almost a celadon color. I decided that a moonstone would pair nicely with it.  Bruce photographed it for me today so I posted it on Etsy. If you're interested in it please go to Etsy.com/shop/foresthollow.

No comments: