We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Jul 16, 2012

Ottawa Canada

Outside the Ottawa Art Museum The Louise Bourgoise "Spider with egg sack" sculpture was enormous and felt so surreal. I like her work and enjoy seeing her smaller pieces purchased by Munson Williams Proctor Museum when I'm in Utica.  The eggs looked like rocks but I'm not sure of that...I might have to google it!

 There was much walking in Ottawa and as you can see also much resting! Love the little cafes and bars everywhere.
 From the Ottawa Art Museum. There was a Van Gogh show going on. This is the third show of his I've seen in various museums. Forty plus paintings but I have to say I think I enjoyed it the least. I guess I'm not a fan of his landscapes and the show was mostly that. I do however love his portraits and still lifes.


This was an interior view looking down on the inner courtyard which was freshly planted with some sort of yellow flowers. The graphic design of it was really fun to see. I'd love to go back in a month to see the plants grown.
Street artists are great. This one was using chalk to work from renaissance portraits. I can't even imagine how rough and callous his fingers must be.

No comments: