We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Jul 16, 2012

Plattsburgh State University College 40 year class reunion

 Well I guess its the celebration of the decades when we feel the time passing. Other than children and grandchildren, retirement seems to play time games on us in our golden years! But hey, this isn't about getting old, its about celebrating successes and friends and just life in general.

These pictures represent a wonderful life. John Ackerknecht has been a life long friend and how many folks can brag about going to school with someone from Kindergarten to College? Maybe back when there were one room school houses but today friends come and go with every passing year, job, neighborhood, etc.
John and his wife Christine are a wonderful part of my life.
And then there is Blanche. How can I ever replace Blanche
in my group of friends? She is very special and after reconnecting years after our children were grown, I think we realized how important our friendship was and is. Not many people warm my
heart like she does. Blanche and Tuttie will always be in my life, I know that.




Then there is good old PSUC. Wow! Why didn't I have more fun in college? Going back to campus and to the shores of Lake Champlain made me wish I could turn back the hands of time! I hear people say that all the time but I very rarely feel that way. I'm pretty comfortable in my present skin but being on that campus made me want to go to a studio class, drink much beer and pull an "all nighter"!!!! Seriously, I remember the year of the Vietnam Demonstrations, I was taking a Poli Sci course. It was the last semester of the school year, Spring, time for renewing contracts and my instructor was angry that his didn't get renewed. His response to the college was to offer any student an A if we would join him at the Hawkins Hall Pond to Skinny Dip!
The 60s and 70s were times of turmoil and times of great freedom from the chains of the 50s
and the best time ever to be in college!!!

No comments: