We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Sep 30, 2010

Turquoise and Sterling bracelet with hand made chain and magnet closing


Well I had fun designing this piece. I wanted to repeat the circle theme so I decided to use 10 ga. silver wire to make circles to solder on either side of the bezel and attached the chain on either side to fit around the wrist. I was concerned that the weight of the stone might allow it to hang under rather than on top however the chain makes all the difference and the empty circles on either side keeps the bracelet light.  The best part of this piece is the strong little magnets rather than a hook or lobster claw. It's easy to put on yourself without the help of someone to hook it closed for you!

No comments: