We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Sep 5, 2016

Sneak Peek at a new bracelet, available October 8-9 at our Second Annual Home Show in Remsen

 Well, I do enjoy numbers and patterns and find myself playing with Chainmaille quite often. The entire chain is made with Sterling Silver links (anywhere from 22 gauge to 16 gauge) that I hand wind and saw apart to make what are called: jump rings. The closures are also hand made. I find that the "S" hook and "eye" is a much more secure closure than the commercial closures.
Once the "jump rings" are made, I begin opening and closing them in a pattern. The pattern I use the most is the Byzantine Pattern. It's a very sturdy and heavy rope type of chain that allows many variations. Because I'm a big fan of "color", I tend to add "sparkle" and "color" with faceted beads.
The above uses "peridot" faceted beads and glass Millefiori (Italian: [milleˈfjoːri]) is a glasswork technique which produces distinctive decorative patterns on glassware beads.

No comments: