We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Sep 7, 2016

Commissioned Piece

I'm not a fan of commissions and its certainly not because I think I'm above them in any way but I
do believe that teaching Art in our Public Schools for 28 years may have something to do with the way I feel about them. I think its the idea of having parameters that dampens my creative spirits.
Bruce is fine with them and often takes on multiple orders, but unless you're a close friend or relative or someone I know understands that I may drift a bit from the initial request, I'd rather not do them.
So, having said all that, here are some shots of a slave bracelet that I'm doing for a "special" person!
And may I add that she is an artisan and gallery owner and truly understands the creative spirit.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A true work of art.