We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Sep 12, 2013

Carnelian and Mexican Crazy Lace Agate Pendent

I found this Agate at the Gem Show this year in Orlando Florida and loved the colors in it.
If you look closely there's a little druzy in the center of it. Carnelian is becoming the new Onyx
in my list of favs. I've always liked the contrast of Black Onyx and Sterling. Carnelian, if its
a good quality stone, has a stunning deep dark orange color that looks great with silver. It all
came together one day in the studio when I was playing around with cabs and sketching. Here it
is. I especially like when my sketch book plans turn out so well.

No comments: