We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Jul 9, 2013

  I 've been avoiding making porcelain mugs for some time now.
Porcelain, which I love, create special problems for potters such as warping and handles popping off.  Cathy and a few friends kept asking when are we going to see those mugs?  So to make a long story short - here they are! Each is beautifully carved by Cat,
no two are alike.

Each mug $25.00
 Another beautifully carved blue celadon coffee mug !!  Each mug takes about an hour of her time to decorate. Anyone that knows her knows she has great patience.

$25.00
This little green celadon porcelain vase was actually carved by me. Nothing elaborate but I found how time consuming the joy of carving really is.  At one time I knew exactly how many little divots I carved in this vase. Luckily I've forgotten but I think it's somewhere around three hundred.

about 51/2 inches tall   $30.00
This beautifully carved light green celadon vase was carved by
Cathy. You may notice the difference in the skill level of the carving.  My sweet wife just keeps encouraging her students such as myself.  It's also 5 1/2 inches tall.  $65.00
Gorgeous undulating waves encircle this vase which is 6 inches tall by six inches wide. Again this is a light green celadon glaze on a porcelain clay body fired at cone ten. $95.00


No comments: