We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Mar 16, 2014

IT'S A PROCESS!

 Well, this is part of the process:to decide if I'm really happy with the almost finished results. Apparently, I'm not or I would be posting the finished product! I don't know if you can see the etched Heron on this black onyx (not my work) but the cab is not yet set because I'm not sure of the tube bail and I'm not real pleased with the branches either. I do like the cut out I did on the back which I guess makes this piece reversible.
Another option would be the chain or cord used. This commercial chain is obviously too delicate to use but I wanted to see how it hung. It has been suggested to me that a black leather cord might be an option. The other option I've been contemplating is to remove the tube and replace it with a reticulated branch, similar to the two vertical branches. If I do that I will be obligated to the design to solder a ring from both ends and
attach a handmade chain. This will require much more
time and effort to the piece which has already sent me
over the top! Ugh, what to do, what to do!


No comments: