We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Jun 28, 2012

Spring Aria (Lilly) and Summer Concerto (Dandelion)

 These two paintings of Spring Peepers will be shown as a Diptych at the Old Forge Central Adirondack Show next week.

I did a series of "frog and toad" paintings last year and there are some at the Szozda Gallery in Syracuse and there are some in the Forest Hollow shop.
I guess you could say it was a part of the ongoing search to find my next inspiring subject matter.  I don't know why I feel plagued by the need to find a theme to paint. I want to be more spontaneous but my brain keeps searching for an organized group of subjects. Help!Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: