We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Sep 1, 2011

Bob White Quale Mixed Media on Gesso Board

Not quite finished with this yet but it helps to see it on the computer screen to critique it before
going on. The right side of the image need more twigs, branches and weeds poking through the
snow to help balance with the tree and bird. I blocked my values in with acrylic washes and am
now working with rapidograph pens and colored pencils. It's strange how I seem to have a need
to work close and into a small space after working on a large format with big brushes. Almost
like curling up with a security blanket for awhile before going off again to a bigger place.

No comments: