We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Aug 18, 2017

the tootsie pop process!

 Not quite done yet but the big issues are resolved! I will be adding more printing on the wrapper and more highlights. Painting the edges since it won't be framed. Oil on boat canvas, 12'x24'
The "model"
I began by blocking in my basic colors


Next, I started adding basic details and brightened up the background color
Adding more details and begin shading and working background more

No comments: