We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Aug 15, 2015

Working Together Results

 Well, I finally am able to post once more from my April 11th post of "working together".  Here are two of the pots I was working on..the other sold, right out of the kiln! The sterling silver finials are actually Bruce's creations. I know you're saying "I thought you were the silversmith Cathy".... I am, and Bruce tried his hand at casting some years back and came up with all these beautiful finials and had them hidden away until now and he's found the perfect pots to use them on. So, I guess these are really a joint effort.



No comments: