We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Nov 23, 2014

Christmas necklace and matching earrings

Just finished this set. I'm in love with the RED. OK so I have this strange obsession with red this year...as I look out the window at our two red cars!!! I purchased these glass lampwork beads from "Beatle Baby Beads" over a year ago but knew I wanted them for the Christmas season....
 These beads are the most beautiful shade of red. Deep, dark and with the sterling dots on them, they are stunning.
 I used a soft (almost sand blasted look) sterling bead along with the mirror cut sterling beads for a contrast....
The byzantine pattern is my favorite and I used it between beads but wove the rest of the necklace in 2 and 1 pattern to keep it from getting too heavy. There's a lot of silver in this piece but I love the weight of it because it feels like I'm wearing something substantial.






Let me know what you think by clicking on comments below. I really enjoy feedback. Thanks.

No comments: