We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Oct 25, 2014

Two new Oils

I am so loving my oils once more. I love the way they flow, the way they smell, but most of all the way the color speaks to me. I just never could get into landscapes and maybe I still won't but these just came from my head as fast as my brush could paint. The palette is very different than it used to be with acrylics. This is far from "in your face" color that I painted lipsticks, shoes, and red patent leather boots with!
  I'm hoping from these small formats that my canvases will transform back into the figures I once loved to paint. I guess we'll just have to take it one canvas at a time. Maybe I'll revisit the "friends and family" series I started a while back.
Both of these paintings are sold.

No comments: