We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Apr 8, 2014

Comparisons

 Well, I took the below piece apart and redesigned it...I'm still not finished. Since I did away with the tube at the top and replaced it with a gentle curve of an 8 gauge round wire, I plan to solder posts from each end and place a beautiful faceted onyx bead to hang a hand made chain intertwined with more faceted beads both silver and onyx.

 I do think the simplicity of the new design allows the whole piece to work together.

I know some of you liked the "branches" however I think as some others suggested- the branches distracted from the stone. In any case this is what I've decided to do and once I've added the chain and cleaned the piece up I will add the final picture, so stay tuned in and please comment because I do consider and love your ideas and thoughts. Thanks.

No comments: