We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Nov 23, 2013

"Quince"


Its been a while since I picked up my brush and for no good reason except that I was emotionally spent with another part of my life. It felt good to lose myself once more in the canvas. This image
actually came from a friends Bed and Breakfast (see earlier post). While touring his beautiful Victorian home I spotted this row of quince on his kitchen sill. He quickly took the picture for me
and sent it for me to use. I'm happy with this piece although I know its not my strongest but it represents a coming home party in my head!!!

No comments: