We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Sep 26, 2012

Adirondack Collection continues

I collected many beautiful stones on the shores of Lake Michigan. It's the perfectly round or
oval stones that amaze me. The little sparkle or the black against the silver holds so much interest
in this piece. Bruce drilled a bunch of the small morphic shaped stones for me so I can link them
with other stones. The branch I made by fusing silver wire and reticulating it to look like the surface
of a branch or twig. This is hung from black leather with sterling closures.

1 comment:

Renovations by Amidon said...

Cathy and Bruce,

It was very nice chatting with you both yesterday at the Trenton Falls Fair. You both create such beautiful things! Hope you join us in Rome in November at the Holiday House!

Holly Amidon