We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Aug 24, 2011

white moth on white peony 2'x4' Acrylic on linen

I don't know if I enjoyed painting this more than I enjoy looking at it finished.  Every time I view
it I seem to get caught in the petals and the journey starts again. This is the second time I've painted
this image. The original painting was one of eight sold to a corporation and the paint was barely dry.
I think I missed the "getting acquainted" time after a painting is finished, that happens for me as an artist.
One thing that I noticed about this piece is that it can be hung horizontally or vertically and the composition still works. I'm going to have a difficult time letting this one go.


No comments: