We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Mar 30, 2011

Encaustic Painting

This is my first intentional, rather than experimental encaustic painting.
The adult fox was drawn on the surface first and the cubs were collaged and worked into the composition. The waxes were painted on and fused between levels.
 As I was working I saw a piece of chicken wire in the garbage in the pottery studio and decided it might make a statement as well as add interest to the piece. I'm very pleased with this and am already working on a new one. Stay tuned in!!!! Any responses are welcomed. thanks

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Fox/chicken wire multi-level depth thing

Cathy and Bruce said...

Thank you Andre....more to come!