We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Nov 13, 2010

Aventurine Ring size 8.5

I originally made this ring for myself, however I decided I have enough rings and I've decided to part with it!  Aventurine is a variety of Chalcedony and this particular stone is a beautiful color. To me it resembles the color of a piece of beach glass, that pretty light blue with a touch of green in it. The bezel I chose to use has a glitter to it when the light hits the tops of the pattern. The shank has been rolled to produce a flat edge, which makes it very comfortable to wear.

No comments: