We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Oct 3, 2009

Picture Jasper with hand cut tree all sterling $300


If you enjoy the outdoors and are fond of anything natural, this is the piece for you.
I made it as simply and comfortable as possible. I sketched the tree, cut it from a sheet of 22 gauge silver. I then textured it and soldered it to the bezel. Setting the
stone was a bit tricky since the tree had to be slightly beveled to match the curve of the cabochon. I think what is so special about this piece is that the owner can wear it with casual wear or dress it up, therefore getting every penny's worth in this difficult economic time.

No comments: