We have been collaborating artists our entire married lives. Our work is always evolving. The experiences we share, or individually participate in, become a part of what we create. Bruce photographs and throws pots and I paint and create jewelry and other objects from precious metals. Bruce's photos are sometimes the inspiration or reference for my paintings and often times I sculpt and carve into his pottery. The results from our combined knowledge and skills becomes something beautiful that we enjoy sharing. Enjoy.

Jan 12, 2014

Back to Oils Once More............

 4"x4" wood block     SOLD
   So here I go, I was anticipating many road blocks on the way and although I have many issues to resolve with composition and color and form-I'm just so darn happy to be able to push that wonderful paint around and smell the linseed and oil that I've just accepted the bumps in the road and kept going. Sheer joy!
 3"x4" wood block    SOLD
  So my thought here was to do a mini series of cherries with that luscious cadmium red.......I can't stop now!
10"x14" gallery wrapped canvas
  This was the first painting I did with oils. I kept debating with myself over subject matter and then decided to rely on my favorite subject of apples. If it was good for Cezanne it's good for me, right?

No comments: